The System Engineer reviews all elements of the system including the technology and design principles of major components of the submarine cable system. The Engineer will oversee the Design Review which typically includes a detailed explanation of the performance budgets, reliability and availability calculations. In addition, it includes a detailed description of the power feed design, configuration(s), switching modes, safety protections and System Earth Designs.
The Design Review establishes whether alternative technologies or designs may be incorporated in any portion of the System. After the Design Review it will need to be confirmed that the proposed construction and installation methodologies are consistent with System Design Requirements.
The System Engineer monitors the prime contractor and is comfortable with change order process and management.
- Determine submarine cable system design requirements
- Define technical requirements
- Assess and determine appropriate technology
- Estimate installation and maintenance costs
- Strong technical writing skills
- Liaison with system suppliers
- Perform risk analysis on project schedule, budget, technical requirements and system quality
- On-time delivery, meet billing milestones, adherence to documentation requirements
- Prepare project status report inputs in support of overall Project Team
- Bachelor’s Degree, OR
- Completed at least ten (10) years of professional experience in the practice of telecoms AND Has a minimum of two (2) years in a similar position; OR
- Completed at least ten years of professional experience in the practice of telecoms AND possesses professional certification in a related field (e.g. PMP, PE, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Adherence to corporate ISO Quality and InfoSec standards
- Process and solution oriented
- Proficient in report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to engage and present to Customers, Management, and coworkers
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems within own position, across organizations, and with customers
WFN Strategies is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation.