At WFN Strategies, we believe in collaboration, viewing our customers and employees as partners in everything we do. We stand for innovation, adhering to ideas that work and constantly seeking to improve those that do not. We’re proud of our independence, it allows us to remain vendor-neutral and to truly stand on the side of our customers. We strive for excellence on every project, every interaction, every time.
To exceed customer expectations by solving complex telecom network design and implementation problems for commercial, governmental and oil & gas clients while maintaining a positive commitment to social impact and environment.
ISO 9001/PM 2.0 Systems
We are the first Implementation organization of Submarine Fiber Optic Cable Systems to achieve ISO 9001:2015 certification. ISO 9001 is the world’s most widely recognized standard for quality management systems, and the standard helps organizations consistently meet the needs of customers and other key stakeholders in both the delivery and continuous improvement of services. Our ISO 9001 process has been developed over the last 2 years with an outside quality team in order to work hand-in-hand and seamlessly with our PM 2.0 Project Management system while maintaining excellence in work product in accordance with robust international standards. View certificate.
Our PM 2.0 Project Management system provides an exceptional, best-of-industry framework for accomplishing the development and execution of complex telecoms projects, while meeting or exceeding applicable Project Management Professional® (PMP®) requirements and standards. We employ rigorous Project Control to ensure and document that work performed achieves the highest required standards and level of quality, and have developed tablet tools, and video and superior digital reporting for in-field operations, as well as created enhanced web-based Client communications and Quality Control of multifaceted tasks.
With client participation, WFN Strategies recently trialed the new management Dashboards for route survey, cable loadout and cable installation activities. Dashboards enhance project visibility and reporting with Daily Progress Report publishing and archiving, real-time vessel position and tracking, incident and issue reporting, among other core management features. PM 2.0 Dashboards are next generation management tools for next generations projects.
Certifications & Accreditations
- B Corporation – B Corporation has determined that we meet its comprehensive standards via a rating system for both environmental and social issues.
- BBB Accreditation – Better Business Bureau (BBB) has determined that we meet accreditation standards with its highest A+ rating, representing a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.
- Basic ROV Operations Certification – involves training by Global Marine Systems Limited in Portland, UK for Remote Operations Vehicle including hardware, power, graphical user interface, control system, diagnostics, launch and recovery procedures, shiphandling, driving, and data assessments for both open water and at sea operations.
- BOSIET – Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) and T-BOSIET training have certified that we can accomplish work onboard offshore oil & gas assets (e.g., production platforms, drill rigs, FPSOs, etc.) anywhere in the world.
- DCAA – Defense Contracting Audit Agency (DCAA) has certified that we achieve, maintain and document internal business system controls and behaviors to comply with US Government contract requirements, as well as sound business practices.
- FOET – Further Offshore Emergency Training revalidates BOSIET and focuses on helicopter safety and escape, firefighting and self-rescue and emergency first aid
- HUET – Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) has certified that we that we can chopper to offshore oil & gas assets (e.g., production platforms, drill rigs, FLNGs, FPSOs, etc.) anywhere in the world.
- Marine Medical Certificate – Offshore Medical Certificate of Fitness
- MMD – Merchant Mariner’s Document (MMD) accreditation is in accordance with the STCW guidelines for all crewmembers of US ships with a Gross Register Tonnage of over 100.
- PADI Divemaster – Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) has certified personnel as Divemaster qualification, allowing overall responsibility for a group of scuba divers throughout the world.
- PMP® – Project Management Professional (PMP)® accreditation, the most important international industry-recognized certification for project managers, has determined that our staff has the experience, education and competency to successfully lead and direct projects.
- QMED – Qualified Member of the Engineering Department (QMED) is a senior unlicensed crewmember in the engine room of a ship, who performs a variety of tasks connected with the maintenance and repair of engine room, fire room, machine shop, ice-machine room, and steering-engine room equipment.
- Rig Pass – Rig Pass is a standardized safety orientation program for all oil and gas operations, whether onshore or offshore, that is independently audited and accredited
- STCW – The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) sets qualification standards for masters, officers and watch personnel on seagoing merchant ships.
- Submarine Fiber Optic Cable Engineering and Jointing Certification – involves training by Global Marine Systems Limited in Boreham, UK, including physical structure of submarine cable and cable types, testing, safety, cable operations, power feeding, optical transmission overview, and jointing appreciation through hands-on overview of jointing operations and kitting philosophy of Universal Joint and the tools and processes involved in jointing.
- TWIC – Transportation Worker Identification Credential is the identification credential for all personnel requiring unescorted access of port facilities, outer continental shelf facilities and vessels
- ISO 9001 – is a quality management standard that was developed by the International Organization for Standardization, which focuses on continuous improvement, customer satisfaction and the active involvement of both management and employees in a process based approach. View certificate.
- President’s “E” Award for Export – US Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross presented WFN Strategies with the President’s “E” Award for Exports at a 2019 ceremony in Washington, D.C., the highest recognition any US entity can receive for making a significant contribution to the expansion of US exports.
- American Leadership Award – American Economic Institute recognized us as a 2015 recipient of the American Leadership Award, identifying companies that have consistently demonstrated a high regard for upholding business ethics and company values.
- America’s Most Promising Companies – Forbes Magazine ranked us as a semi-finalist for the 2009 “America’s Most Promising Companies” list.
- Best of Business – US Commerce Association and Small Business Community Association selected us for seven years in a row “Best of Washington, DC for Telecommunications Consultant” from 2009 to 2015.
- Fastest-Growing Private Companies – Inc. magazine ranked us in its 2009, 2010 and 2017 Inc. 5000 listings, an exclusive role of America’s “Fastest-Growing Private Companies.”
- Virginia Excellence Award in Technology Solutions – US Commerce & Trade Research Institute recognized us as a 2015 recipient of the Virginia Excellence Award in Technology Solutions, identifying companies that have achieved demonstrable success in their local business environment and industry category, and demonstrated a high regard for upholding business ethics and company values.